33 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: The lost sounds of Stonehenge ...
Jan 08, 2017, 14:10
spencer wrote:
I was not saying that anyone here was deriding, June. I was expressing a personal opinion, perhaps not as surgically precise as others may like, the kernel of which was that our forebears, in the absence of the technology of the modern age, were perhaps more aware of and in tune with their environment..probably no bad thing. I had not, repeat not, read 'Rupe', nor any comments generated in response, as was incorrectly assumed. I prefer to assume nothing. My opinion was purely prompted by the initial post, and I had not read the link within. I hope that this is now perfectly clear - it really should be - and will say nothing more on the matter.

If you post your opinions on a public forum the expectation should be that there might be a possible response .

Nobody had suggested that you had read Rupe and I hadn't suggested that you read my post my post . I provided an example of derision i.e. mine, that didn't mean that you had read it or where aware of the point of the derision .

You don't have to respond to questions but I do wonder why you didn't . e.g. you had said "We should recognise, appreciate and respect that, and not deride. "
Who was deriding ?

You also said " our forebears created, on occasion, places with a deliberate auditory element to them "
You were asked ."Why assume that Stonehenge or WKLB or other prehistoric monuments were "created ....with a deliberate auditory element to them " ?

In one reply , that didn't respond to the questions you also suggested that I should feel free to apologise , but failed to explain, when asked what I should be apologising about .

Clearly , you don't have to respond or answer questions but it tends to be the norm in forum discussions .
It's an interesting subject and you felt interested enough to voice an opinion , why not provide further contributions ?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index