5 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Edited Dec 24, 2016, 20:28
Re: Solitary cup marks
Dec 24, 2016, 20:23
Am mindful of the recent engraving using metal aspect. The nearest sites in this instance are between one and two miles away, but thanks, will mull over linking, I hadn't thought of that. My 'thing' seems to be a greater inclination to spend my time out looking for new stuff rather than visiting the 'knowns', and am quite prepared to hold my hand up about lack of experience in identifying what turns up - and there's a LOT out there.. I know of an undisturbed complete Bronze Age settlement but twenty minutes or so drive from my house that's been found this year, which is being kept hush hush, I presume because of unscrupulous d*********ts, and I've found a probable one way out in the wilds which I'll hopefully be getting inspected early in the new year when bracken, stream and river levels etc permit. I found another early this year hidden in the bracken, almost a quarter of a mile long, but inspection determined post TMA timeframe, so I deleted it. Still, at least its now known about, which is what matters most.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index