The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Bryn Eryr St Fagans Museum Cardiff

1 message
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
CARL
511 posts

Bryn Eryr St Fagans Museum Cardiff
Feb 13, 2016, 21:27
Myself, Dafydd and Sophie enjoyed an hour long 'sneak preview' of the new Iron Age village being built. Bryn Eryr (Hill of the Eagles) is based on a real site on Anglesey. We visited as part of our monthly Young Archaeology Club meeting. The site is not yet finished and currentlt consists of a 'double roundhouse' - two roundhouses joined together with a doorway giving through access. It was explained that it was not clear from excavations if this is how it was in real life or if it was two seperate round houses very close to each other? We were shown replica items from the period which the children were allowed to handle. The guide was very good with the children and the talk was very informative. All the children's questions were answered. We also had an overview of the many on-going construction works taking place at the museum. These are certainly exciting times for this fantastic museum. Yet another excellent YAC meeting - I can highly recommend joining your local group. I wonder what is planned for next month? :)
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index