Im ALMOST speachless!

28 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
GLADMAN
950 posts

Re: Im ALMOST speachless!
Mar 06, 2015, 23:06
Howburn Digger wrote:
The nutters have smashed up what was left after Britain and the USA carpet bombed the place. How very dare they!

Half a million dead Iraqui civilians. Enormous areas of the country covered in depleted Uranium and White Phosphorous. Whole regions have been left with countless plastic mines and other lovely concealed ordnance for which we claimed back costs and expenses for our "services" to Iraq. You're welcome!
To take just one tiny isolated example... the US Military carpeted Fallujah with MK77's which are a delightfully potent mix of Napalm and White Phosphorous. The first battle of Fallujah was a overwhelming US Military strike on the small town in retaliation for the killing of four Blackwater mercenaries who had been killed and their bodies hung from a bridge over the Euphrates. You might have watched the Blackwater Guys "fun day out"footage on Liveleak, where they drive down the main street in Fallujah just shooting civilians and drivers while playing Elvis songs really loudly over their PA. The US referred to the subsequent military action as a "pacification" of Fallujah. Over 600 unarmed civilians were killed by the US military in this "pacification" process.
The ISIL (now ISIS) nutters whom the UK and US used to try and destabilise Syria have been fed, watered, paid, clothed, armed and trained by us. They've witnessed how to do things. Abu Ghraib? That's nothin we're gonna burn a guy in a cage!

The Cradle of Civilisation and those wonders of Archaeology? Those bits that the coalition deemed unfit to bomb, loot or plunder in the last two Iraq wars? There wasn't a whole lot left really... The UK and USA bombed that country back to the Stone Age and sent a clear message. I think some people were listening and heard it loud and clear.

Let us not confuse Time Team watched over Roast Beef, gravy and potatoes on a Sunday Afternoon in rural Oxfordshire, with the daily horror of life and death in Iraq and Syria. Wholesale slaughter and carnage which the West unleashed, fed and created. Remember in Apocalypse Now, the story that Kurtz tells Willard about the village innoculations and the subsequent pile of little severed arms that met the doctors on their return to the village.

Pity about the old statues though. I really liked the winged lion, man thing.

Isn't this the way history replays itself, though?

Chamberlain and his ludicrous boy Halifax allow Hitler to rearm, so leading irrevocably to holocaust and the agonising death of millions. Hey, who was to know? It wasn't as if the Austrian loon had written a book telling the world what he would do.... Hirohito, a clueless aristocrat - sorry, god - the Japanese people all obeying Buddists, easy pickings for a military takeover. The USA, 'ruled' by J Edgar Hoover, arguably as much a fascist state as any axis example, employing the same Kardex files Heydrich put in place. So who's side would you be on. Are you serious? Have you read any German literature from the 40's? Exactly. If the individual is not free to express him/herself we might as well give up.

OK. to be honest I sometimes wonder if there are any 'good guys'. But... does massacring religious nutters intent on following the imaginary - in my opinion, anyway - declarations of an, er, invisible entity (just happening to serve the interests of a powerful elite... fancy that) to kill all unbelievers not pure self defence? Or do you believe the SS were just misunderstood? I took antibiotics in January since I just could not shake off an awful parasitic virus on my own. I killed it and I was overjoyed. Religion is a virus. In one person it is an idiosyncrasity. In many, very, very dangerous. A cancer upon the concept of humans actually getting along together.

W and his boy Tone, infused with the 'love' of Jesus, decided a'crusading we will go. That'll show the bastards for taking back Krak de Chevalliers. That poor doctor Kelly apparently 'commited suicide' for the crime of pointing out the obvious. Iraq was already in the Stoneage. How could it be otherwise, when 'knowledge' begins and ends with the Qu'ran?

It is all to easy to say the awful infidel West has destroyed Iraq. To a degree. But doesn't Iraq have a significant responsibility itself?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index