Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Do your legs feel funny or tremble when standing in stone circles?

16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Do your legs feel funny or tremble when standing in stone circles?
Jan 29, 2015, 23:13
scubi63 wrote:
I certainly don't doubt the result I had Mr T but the explanation for the result need to investigated scientifically and repeatable results showing the reason for it, produced. If somebody can produce this (and they may already have) and show that there is absolutely no other reason for it then I would believe that reasoning what ever it is.

However, there are many things in this universe that we know exist but don't know why, for example gravity. We know this exists throughout the universe, we know how it behaves and can predict this behaviour, but you ask a scientist what it actually is, what it is made of and what causes it then they are stumped. They may as well say it is a mystical power caused by supernatural forces or even God as those answers are as vague and useful as any others but still the force remains.
I suppose what I am trying to say here is that there are things that exist but we can't give a reason for them existing (at the moment) but that doesn't make them supernatural. It just means we haven't developed the technology or method by which we can study and measure them. If divining can be tested, retested and predicted under scientific methods then the cause may not be known but its existence cannot be denied.

I hope I explained that clearly if not to the point!!

:)

Scubi

Scubi ,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by result .
If it it is simply the moving of the rods ,then that is par for the course for most people have a go with the rods .But is that dowsing ?
I don't believe it is .
If it was the experiencing the rods or pendulum moving then there is a simple explanation .
Dowsers don't stop there they claim that they can find stuff ,answer questions or that the movement is an indication of subtle energies which they can record . I don't think you made any of those type of claims .
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index