9 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Woolly Mammoth: The Autopsy
Nov 24, 2014, 15:31
Rhiannon wrote:
I thought it was pretty outrageous how they were hacking away at it contaminating it left right and centre, drilling massive holes in it, then letting it go off etc. And you might say 'well that's how they do it in that country and it's their mammoth'. But it seemed awful. It reminded me of victorian barrow diggers, no thought to the information that might be got out of in the future if they just looked after the damn thing and kept it in the freezer. There's no way on earth that would have happened if it'd been discovered in this country. It was being 'wasted' - the best preserved mammoth anyone had found, being hacked about like nobody's business.

But worse than that was that assinine american who wanted to build a sort of half mammoth half elephant 'to graze the tundra and solve global warming' (er how are you going to produce your 100,000 mamm-elephants when we've hardly any elephants even - and on the strength of the dna of one mammoth? you nutcase). And the korean dog-cloners were barely better, wanting to clone one because - because why?? because they could sell it to the highest bidder no doubt. And where is the poor thing going to live, it's not exactly adapted to most environments.

Disappointing that the world is so full of twits. Poor bloody mammoth. I thought the whole thing was pretty bloody depressing.

Yes I have to agree and stopped recording it midway through the programme. It could have been done so much better and so much more professionally and with more compassion and respect shown. I've seen this 'gung-ho' approach before on living animals under sedation being operated on, let alone dead ones!!

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index