12 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Cattle and Stones
Sep 30, 2014, 11:17
ocifant wrote:
Ah but the SPM campaign isn't about 'going it alone'. It's about doing what's best *for the landscape* (and tourism). What NE are doing is damaging a fragile landscape and stopping people from visiting...

Then I support it wholeheartedly. Going back to the original Youtube link - (I've watched it again to check whether I had got the wrong end of the stick). The justifiable grievances against Natural England seem to have been turned into a grievance against England in general. As mentioned before, its timing probably wasn't the best.

I was without access to a car while I was down there but did take the bus to Zennor and walked up Zennor Hill to find the fallen quoit. That alone gave me another insight into the unique moorland which of course must be protected - I didn't know there were adders up there until I read the field notes on TMA.

As a more positive footnote. I bought a beautiful illustrated children's book of Cornish Tales by Eric Quale and Michael Foreman from St Ives Bookshop. The illustrations include many of Cornwall's ancient sites. I couldn't resist ...

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index