The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
antiquarianism vs archaeology

51 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Treading your path.
Oct 29, 2002, 21:01
Well it really does boil down to how you see things really doesn't it FW?
For example I have a mate who, like myself, is a occasionally partial to a little bit of psychedelic experimentation. However he is, by nature, a deeply scientific person. In fact he's a chemist, and the irony isnt lost on us either! ;-)
The thing is he cannot, even when tripping, really let go and he is aware of this. The whole trip experience for him becomes a very structured, methodical process even as spaced as it can get, and he is aware that it is a very different voyage for me.
He even once spent a trip mapping out with pencils the molecular structure of what we were on!
Of course this in no way invalidates his experience at all. But once, when a little "altered" he announced he was going to "be" a "Shaman". But this was becoming a shaman by procedure rather than by nature and (once a bit more with it) actually acknowledged that the fact that he had included "becoming a shaman" into the equation that actually meant he was quite unlikely to achieve that particular goal.
But it does go to show that with matters spiritual and with places as potentially emotive as stone circles that your reaction to the place is eventually come down to the essential "you".
Makes it all interesting though dunnit?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index