The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
antiquarianism vs archaeology

51 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pixie
111 posts

Re: Treading your path.
Oct 27, 2002, 21:15
''And surely that sense of being drawn is perhaps the purest expression of one's spiritual leanings. No guide book or sacred scrolls and so on required so to speak.''
couldn't agree with you more!
i also knew of all this before i could put a label onto it and so once the words 'pagan' came up it fitted and made so much sense, since as you say colecting stuff and knowledge along the way, researching other ways of being and it never quite fitting, staring at the moon in wonder in the garden from an early age, and escaping to the stones and the countryside for no reason other than i have to! ( so weird reading your post i was nodding my head and thinking this is spooky!!)and as you say it all fits somehow. i am against 'labelling' really and so since finding a word that fitted i loathe to get rid of it, even though it has certian connotations and labels within it that i don't agree with. as you say who fits with those rules in pagan dawn,??? i always feel so 'stupid' when reading alot of pagan literature as it is full of pompous writing and big words to make the writer feel more important in the pagan ways than i fear he / she actualy is! and have attended workshops and conferences wher ei have wanted to laugh out loud at the stupidity and sheer boredom of some of the egotistical people spouting stuff, there seems to be a trend to disown everything fluffy pagan, and start being 'controversial' when in fact they are all being the same sheep, following and not thinking, not feeling,
i guess that i know i am 'pagan' when i speak from the heart to those that ask, and when i am truly honest with myself as well. i guess thats all i can do !
hmmm all this thinking has been very illuminating for me, especially when i needed it (still fancy that vodka and coke at the bar where i can lurk!!!)
love on ya! and thanks
pixie
xx
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index