The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
antiquarianism vs archaeology

51 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pixie
111 posts

Re: Old Mother Earth
Oct 27, 2002, 13:33
'' some of the modern ideas re: god, goddess and so on, are and should be, timeless and deeply personal interpretations of the magic and wonder and spirit of the world around us. '' is a great way to put it, i re-read my post above and i do seem abit negative, i try not to be but when i get all passionate , wooooh! i agree that Huttons book is a good balancing book, i wouldn't like to get into paganism now as a newbie, its so contradictory, bitchcraft, etc. etc. glad i am through all that and have 'found my space' !! as i say i worship the land beneath my feet, the sky above and nature in all her / its passion, i accept conflict , pain, aggression and the darker side of both nature as well as within myself ,,,as well as the sexy, passionate, beautiful vibrant and positive side of me and the world around us. fluffy bunny goddess / god / nature worship does not help growth...for all things to move forward there has to be conflict and change in order for it to manifest, be it spiritual, emotional or physical
i agree that these hollywood buddhists are full of shit or so it seems, all get on the trendy train! but paganism seems to be trendy too at the mo, along with all the other new age bollox, all i know is that i will still be pagan, and stil be me throughout this journey we call this life, maybe some won't , wahtever i know its me**. what i really hate is people saying things like ''oh i have a high priestess of the 7th sign twice removed ancient shaman teaching me paganism, today we did dowsing, last week was reiki and next week we're 'doing' buddhism!!'' what?? i guess it will take me more than this life to grow and accept my ideas and ways of being, i am sure it takes many lifetimes to 'be' a buddhist...how on earth can you learn a lifetime's mysteries ina week? when we stand on a mountain top we are insignificant to it, our lifetime to that mountain is less than the time it takes to take a breath, we are insignificant, we have ourselves and our own power but really we're quite powereless in the whole scheme of things!
oh well......every season has a reason.....
peace
p
xx
(next week i shall mostly be spouting crystal moon worship with sheep...)
:))))
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index