The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
antiquarianism vs archaeology

51 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pixie
111 posts

Re: Old Mother Earth
Oct 25, 2002, 15:38
this could go on for ever, !! i agree with Fw about the new age bollox that says we prove this and that...no-one can truly prove anything, as i have said before if the gods and goddess's exist they must be flexible and forward thinking as , like fourwinds says, they will 'die' with the last worshipper, so waht are they? i can accept that i just *am*, i don't need to worship any particular deity, because the sceptic and practical side of my nature then only goes and reads stuff to disprove him / her, so why bother? i actually find that whatever works for all of us is cool and would never disrespect anyone because if its gets them there hey! but i do find it 'annoying' that some will quote this clap trap or that rubbish as if its gospel when it isn't! (not on here i might add)nobody really knows WHY, thats the whole vibe about it! we don't know! we can guess we can add things together but we just don't know, and as i have said before any 'goddess' from neolithic times sure as hell aint gonna do it for me, coz i am a twentieth century gal! what does she have to offer me that i havent already got within me? (said all this on the other thread, so wont repeat myself)
i love it thats it a great and valid discussion and i really do respect everyones point of view, i just can't find proof of it all. and the male hating goddess worshippers (not on here but we've all met 'em) are as bad as partiarchal christianity or wahtever,
for me male and female energies work in harmony, both in conflict and harmony and for growth, we need each other, male needs female, nature has a balance and sometimes its cruel, but thats the conflict we all need to survive, by wahtever means everyone can call it and invoke it to their hearts content but i just can't! maybe i am missing something maybe i am not, i blaame my dad coz when i was about 10 i wanted to join sunday school (only for a free bible coz i am abit tight like that! and my best friend went and they also went on trips etc....sad!), he said ok so i went and hated it , then on my return bible less i might add (!!) he told me to always look for others points of view, told me about Eric von daniken for afew hours gave me Chariots of the gods to read and said ''if you still want to go to suday school you can, just don't beleive anyhting that needs preaching about'
cool, never went back and now can't help thinking he led me on a very weird journey from then on! so although i label myself pagan , and can speak of a goddess and god in some terms thats why i can't truly beleive because after reading so much i know non of it is THE truth, the truth IS within ourselves. and i can truly love the landscape and sites around me, because i worship (??) them because its so freaky that they are still here ! they still exist! and never never will i ever really know WHY they were put there! i get pleasure out of them i get high without drugs,being there and getting there, i grow from learning and soaking up knowledge about it all. thats my religion!
f*** i have gone off it agian
soz mates hope i put it across well without any disrespect intended!
phew
pixie
xx
wooh, have i gone on abit? i love this whole discussion as its feeding my brain in so many ways so thank you,
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index