antiquarianism vs archaeology

51 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

New Age Bollocks
Oct 25, 2002, 09:15
As I have said many times I believe in certian energies. Energies that ancient man could not explain, but we 'probably' can now.

Read Michael Dames ... any book ... that's New Age Bollocks. Inventing a totally unreal scenario around objects about which we know nothing. It's nothing more than fiction. Ok some of it might be correct, but when you write so much fantasy something is bound to conincidentally be right. Hence the thing on the end of films ... "The persons portrayed do not represent any real person living or dead ... " etc.

Pretend it's all 'mystical' ... that's New Age Bollocks. Accept the scientific reasons that explain a 'phenomemnon' if it truly does so.

Either I am scared of gods or I am strong enough not to need them - I don't know. I try to respect the planet as much as possible, but I don't believe in *The* Goddess. I believe that at one time there was probably enough faith to make her exist (just as there is with God) but the Goddess brought into manifestation by today's faith CANNOT be the same Goddess that was invoked in ancient times. The people who bring about the manifestation have different demands of her now. Lifestyles and needs are too diverse and there was no continuation in her worship. She faded and died when the last Old Goddess worshipper died and a new one was created about 50 years ago at the most.

I will never belittle anyone's 'magickal' experiences at a site. I have had unexplainable things happen and felt 'odd' things myself, but I will not buy into the 'religion' being promoted by the New Age authors, that constantly contradict themselves, purely to sell books.

If I had to choose a godhead, then I'd choose the planet, but it would be an asexual or bi-sexual entity, not a female Goddess that is re-created for the sole purpose of fighting the male Gods that predominate mainstream religion.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index