The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Avebury »
Alexander Keiller's Avebury

761 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Is something missing from this debate?
Jan 22, 2013, 09:52
tjj wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:

Good try. So you think you speak for all archaeos Nigel? I bet if most were asked to oversee the re-raising of all the stones they couldn't agree fast enough. Same applies to the EKLB as you brought it into the discussion. 'Most' archaeos never get a shot of making a name for themselves and if the project was offered to them they'd jump at the chance I suspect. It didn't stop them 'destroying the archaeology' when they dug for and exposed the stones in the BH avenue did it because it was not destroyed but thoroughly investigated as the work progressed. How come they didn't feel bad about digging there? But that's just my view.

Roy, I know you love Avebury as do others but I don't quite get the urgency to this. All anyone with an opposing view is saying is 'now is not the time' ... for which there are many reasons, most of which Nigel Swift and Rhiannon have detailed in their posts. Added to which of course are the financial constraints of the times we live in.

You said 'Good try' in your reply to NS - the same could be said for you when you started a spurious thread implying the stones were in threat of being stolen if they remained in the ground. No disrespect intended, I think you are a great attribute to this forum but forums are always about the exchange of views otherwise there is little point in them. Am away to 'seize the day' now - have a good one!

There was nothing spurious about my thread of stones being stolen June, it's called research. I asked a question which had no reference to stones being stolen if they remained in the ground that's why I started a new thread so that it wouldn't be directly connected to the earlier one. Much of what I ask on this forum is to gain further knowledge not to cause trouble which you have indicated. Sorry you should have thought that.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index