tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: The Stukeley Line
Jan 20, 2013, 22:23
Mustard wrote:
tjj wrote:
Littlestone wrote:

The difference here (at Avebury) is that the stones are not on foreign soil but, for the most part, are in or on the soil where they originally stood. Those who oppose their re-erection are actually doing so for very narrow-minded reasons - not for the greater good of the monument itself, its better understanding and appreciation on the world stage and, ultimately, its marker in history and its place in human endeavour.

Here we go again ... where do you get off calling people 'narrow minded' because they have a different view to you. There are lots of valid reasons for leaving the status quo at Avebury as it is ... for now anyway.
As well you know (or should anyway).

To be fair, June, Harry hasn't offered one rational argument to support his opinion. That's his right, but it certainly gives the APPEARANCE of narrow-mindedness. And that's not a criticism, because we can ALL be narrow-minded at times, surely? :)

Perhaps Harry is not quite as articulate on forum as you and others. I refer you to Rhiannon's posts for reasons 'why not' - at this point in time anyway. Makes sense to me.
If you want to call me narrow-minded too then go ahead, you know nothing about me except possibly hearsay. I am disappointed to see you condoning such forum strategies.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index