Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Zennor Quoit (calling ocifant)
Aug 24, 2012, 21:39
thesweetcheat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
ocifant wrote:
Well, it certainly took me 3 or 4 attempts before I first found it all those years ago! As Bladup says below though, it's all a lot easier these days.

I was considering asking my aerial photography mate Simon to fly me up there in his helicopter if it was going to be buried in gorse, but then I remembered I'm still waiting for the begger to fly me over Avebury like he promised two years ago :-)

You'll only be buried in gorse if you go via Towednack, up Beagletodn Downs to the Trendrine Hill cairns, then to the Quoit via the Sperris hut circle settlement. That really is leg-shreddingly bad until you get to the top of Trendrine. But only an idiot (and an idiot's G/F) would choose such a stupid route in summer.

Well I've been known to do idiot so I'm halfway there!! I went to Cradle Hill donkeys ago at night UFO spotting (yeah I know!)with a bunch of enthusiasts. I came to this stile so climbed over it....while the others just walked straight through cos the fence had been taken down!!! Haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index