23 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Re: Zennor Quoit (calling ocifant)
Aug 24, 2012, 12:30
ocifant wrote:
Sorry Roy, only just seen this, but yeah, TSC has nailed it with that first response.

Last time I was up there, a lot of the gorse had been cut for firebreaks, so the paths were nice and wide (so no problem with adders). They may have grown back by now of course :-)

Parking can be tricky if you don't know where to look, as coming from the north the best spots are before you get to the track or the house ("Is it this one? no. Is it this one? No" etc.)

I'm not usually on a timetable, so if the parking slots are empty, or I miss them I just try again another day...

The gorse is still cut for firebreaks and is still wide up on the hill itself and the path up the hill pretty good, if you find the path you will have no trouble at all, it was getting well overgrown years ago [on the hill] and is a lot easier now, as long as you find the right path, i think you might be surprised how easy it is, it's a nice gentle walk , hills one side , wild atlantic sea the other,quoit on hill, what more could you want.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index