Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: Too good to miss?
Feb 28, 2012, 23:48
thesweetcheat wrote:
Howburn Digger wrote:
The same bunch of music enthusiasts to whom you refer are currently about halfway through a charming recycling of the singles output of another band from the same city. Aside from the wondrous approach to the process of re-mastering the music, I love the chronological detail and the sublime attention to packaging... it's a fan thing.

Let us rip...

Oh yes, I'm following that one avidly too. :-D

The first Recycled project was exemplary. That's the one band whose multiple sleeve variants I will buy. Including 9 copies of one particular 7" (10 if you include the black and white Italian sleeve). Mr Saville, so much to answer for...

Acht it was always with the alluring textured sleeves where I got enthusiastic for them joyboys. I would love Mr Saville to have ventured into the realms of woodchip or superfresco for them late 70's masterpieces of design. Though without banging a drum (ahemm)... I bought their very first record (the 7") on the recommendation of Pete Shelley's review in the Record Mirror (July 1978?) (the Buzzcocks were doing the singles that week and that issue had Ronnie Biggs with a knuckle duster on the front cover). Ideally... I wish I'd bought two copies rather than the other record I bought that week (that was the first 7" release of Sultans of Swing... eek!). I've still got both 7"... and the copy of Record Mirror with the review lies in a box somewhere...
The joyboys were particularly grim when I saw them supporting Shelley's lads at the Glasgow Apollo the following year (Nov 79?). Now ye've gotten me all nostalgic... memories... like the corners of my mind..
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index