Too good to miss?

49 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moss
moss
2897 posts

Re: Too good to miss?
Feb 23, 2012, 12:15
Think the answer to the question "too good to miss?" lies in the ethics of the question. I would answer yes I would not send off for his stuff because we are defined by our customs and laws, this copying of everything he could from the internet does not bypass the following i.e. intellectual property....

"Intellectual property (IP) is a term referring to a number of distinct types of creations of the mind for which a set of exclusive rights are recognized under the corresponding fields of law.[1] Under intellectual property law, owners are granted certain exclusive rights to a variety of intangible assets, such as musical, literary, and artistic works; discoveries and inventions; and words, phrases, symbols, and designs. Common types of intellectual property rights include copyrights, trademarks, patents, industrial design rights and trade secrets in some jurisdictions. The term intellectual property is used to describe many very different, unrelated legal concepts."

Or the Copyright jargon we all see at the beginning of books. To be honest i would not want a couple of hundred books downloaded anywhere on my computer for me to read, it would ruin your eyesight for a start! The 'intangible assets' in archaeological book writing (or any book writing) is hard work and effort. Makes you think this one.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index