Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Edited Feb 23, 2012, 20:24
Too good to miss?
Feb 19, 2012, 13:58
I've just taken a punt on this on ebay and there are more! Gotta be worth a look hasn't it.
tomwatts
376 posts

Re: Too good to miss?
Feb 19, 2012, 20:09
...As you say.......Too good to miss...
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Feb 22, 2012, 15:59
tomwatts wrote:
...As you say.......Too good to miss...

My discs arrived this morning and they do exactly what they say on the tin. A mind boggling array of 780 archeaological ebooks with all photos and drawings as displayed in the real thing. Must be the biggest bargain ever.
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Edited Feb 22, 2012, 15:10
Feb 22, 2012, 16:06
A cynic enquires - just wondering, the seller claims s/he holds the copyright to all of them... hmm. Or are they all like 100 years old and out of copyright? Or, if they do hold the copyright, why are they selling them off so cheap.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Feb 22, 2012, 18:13
Rhiannon wrote:
A cynic enquires - just wondering, the seller claims s/he holds the copyright to all of them... hmm. Or are they all like 100 years old and out of copyright? Or, if they do hold the copyright, why are they selling them off so cheap.

Does it matter if you can get your hands on all of them for the price of a pint? Those I've looked through so far which interest me have been 1990's throught to mid 2000 but they'll be all ages I suspect. I have the full list if you'd like to email me. Far too large a file to copy here.
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Feb 22, 2012, 18:21
I'd be surprised if its a totally above board transaction! Wonder if its just a dvd rip of a torrent...
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Feb 22, 2012, 18:42
juamei wrote:
I'd be surprised if its a totally above board transaction! Wonder if its just a dvd rip of a torrent...

One that would interest some here because it comes up often as a topic is the rock art one by Richard Bradley called Rock Art and the Prehistory of Atlantic Europe. It's a 1997 job so would that be considered 'old' in this area?
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Edited Feb 22, 2012, 19:19
Feb 22, 2012, 19:46
well if they're that recent at least they won't be about druids and phoenecians, that's got to be a bonus.

Ripping stuff off is not uncommon on the internet 'so I understand' but saying 'ooh I've got the copyright' is kind of doubly taking the piss, I think Mr Bradley might be a bit annoyed. Oh well.

(May I also recommend Public Libraries before the tories completely close them down).
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Feb 22, 2012, 20:24
Sanctuary wrote:
Does it matter if you can get your hands on all of them for the price of a pint? Those I've looked through so far which interest me have been 1990's throught to mid 2000 ....

That rather depends on your point of view perhaps. Surely these must be copyrighted? I'd be absolutely pissed off if I'd written a book and found it was on something like this without either my or my publisher's knowledge.

Sounds very dubious to me Roy, sorry to be grumpy about it.
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Feb 22, 2012, 20:46
Definitely one I'd be interested in!

Does this list look familiar?

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/95230693/Rock+Art+and+the+Prehistory+of+Atlantic+Europe?tab=summary
Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index