Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Yule/Winter Solstice Report (Cross Post)

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handswithenergy
handswithenergy
48 posts

Yule/Winter Solstice Report (Cross Post)
Dec 26, 2010, 13:57
My Yule/Winter Solstice report (text and photos) is now available from the events page link below. Press Ctrl R if your system has cached an old view of this page. The Events page also includes a list of suggested events for Imbolc 2011. I had planned the busiest Winter Solstice yet but bad weather saw events being cancelled and my travel plans severely disrupted. I've had to rely on more contributed photos than normal. The main activities this time were:

- The solar alignment at Stony Littleton
- The 25 Dec sunset, preceding the minute of extra light on 26 Dec
- A Winter Solstice dawn walk
- Moon photos
- Managed Open Access at Stonehenge
- The Free and Open Gorsedd of Caer Abiri
- Aveury Winter Solstice and Lunar Eclipse event

Best wishes,

Matthew

http://www.handswithenergy.co.uk/events
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Yule/Winter Solstice Report (Cross Post)
Dec 26, 2010, 14:47
handswithenergy wrote:
My Yule/Winter Solstice report (text and photos) is now available from the events page link below. Press Ctrl R if your system has cached an old view of this page. The Events page also includes a list of suggested events for Imbolc 2011. I had planned the busiest Winter Solstice yet but bad weather saw events being cancelled and my travel plans severely disrupted. I've had to rely on more contributed photos than normal. The main activities this time were:

- The solar alignment at Stony Littleton
- The 25 Dec sunset, preceding the minute of extra light on 26 Dec
- A Winter Solstice dawn walk
- Moon photos
- Managed Open Access at Stonehenge
- The Free and Open Gorsedd of Caer Abiri
- Aveury Winter Solstice and Lunar Eclipse event

Best wishes,

Matthew

http://www.handswithenergy.co.uk/events

Thanks Matthew, I particularly enjoyed the Stony Littleton photos, also the ones you took this morning.

Best wishes

June
handswithenergy
handswithenergy
48 posts

Dec 26, 2010, 15:18
Thanks June. If you didn't see last year's equivalent report you can get it from the same web link. The Stony Littleton pictures were better then as I was on my own. I didn't expect anyone else to be there on 25 Dec 2010 but two people followed me up the lane. So I didn't have quite as much flexibility this time.

Matthew
The Eternal
924 posts

Dec 26, 2010, 22:34
Matthew,
Great photos, and thanks for sharing them with us. I need to go there soon, as well as to the other Cotswold long barrows.
Cheers,
TE.
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index