Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
America's Stonehenge

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: ah....sweeping generalistations......
Jun 06, 2002, 11:12
Sorry to raise your wrath Scott. I know there are people like yourselves and that the majority of the UK are just as ignorant as I suggested Americans are.

Here's the difference though (and what makes me stick to what I said - although a lot more focused):

Most of the web sites that portray these US sites are bollox. They are full of crap. 90% of them seem to want to equate the monuments with the Euro-Asian phenomenon in a way that just isn't there. They do not want to accept that they 'could' be related more to the indiginous population thatn to some long gone race of early European invaders.

I have not yet come across a well informed and balanced web site (or book) that discusses them.

If you know of one please, please tell me !! I would love to see such a thing and learn from it.

So problem is that the people who know things about the US sites are badly represented in the public domain. One can only form oppinions on what information one is presented with.

This of course applies to the UK in a way because of the over representation of New-Age stuff.

Hope this clears up my very sweeping generalisation.

<makes a note to qualify everything properly in the future>

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index