The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Megalithic Paintings

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moss
moss
2897 posts

Re: Megalithic Paintings
Oct 09, 2006, 08:28
Well before this thread got somewhat diverted, I thought it was a good idea - EVEN to the extent of renting some space on the internet for it to happen. Discussing this though with my son it seems you are presented with a blank page on which you have to write in computer speech for the whole thing to work - something I can't do. Still think it is a good idea on a blog though.. we need more spirituality, art, poetry etc on TMA, (or elsewhere) for megalithic stones, not less...
nigelswift
8112 posts

Oct 09, 2006, 08:39
Still think it is a good idea on a blog though...

Absolutely. And you could add poetry....
;
Chris
Chris
165 posts

Oct 09, 2006, 08:50
moss wrote:
Well before this thread got somewhat diverted, I thought it was a good idea - EVEN to the extent of renting some space on the internet for it to happen. Discussing this though with my son it seems you are presented with a blank page on which you have to write in computer speech for the whole thing to work - something I can't do.

Yes you can: Have a look at this

http://www.nvu.com/index.php

It is effectively used as a word processor and takes care of the HTML for you. Easily set up, once connected to your webspace, simply type what you want, insert any graphics & publish.

I know jack about building websites, and yet using NVU I've managed to construct one. Have a go, I can help you out, and there's plenty of webby types frequenting this forum, (looking at you FW) who actually know what they're doing (unlike me).
whatisthat
255 posts

Oct 09, 2006, 08:59
moss wrote:
... we need more spirituality, art, poetry etc on TMA, (or elsewhere) for megalithic stones, not less...

Although I don't have a view on whether we need more, I would like to say that TMA offers plenty of scope for Megalithic art. Photos of artwork can be uploaded to site pages (there is a special category for that) and art related stuff and links I'm sure would be appreciated as Miscellaneous posts.

Poems too could (and should) be posted under Miscellaneous. And of course if anyone wants to shoot the breeze about a poem or painting on the forum then the 'Start a topic' button is there on every site page.

Surely this is better than a using a forum where posts are out of context. Might as well post in a dustbin for all the use this is for visitors to site pages where that poem or painting could add real value.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Oct 09, 2006, 12:55
...we need more spirituality, art, poetry etc on TMA, (or elsewhere) for megalithic stones, not less...

Absolutely.

Also, with a discrete thread such as this, it will allow discussion of the paintings themselves (and the information they contain) rather than just being auxiliary illustrations to a site (or a poem).
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index