Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Edited Nov 22, 2008, 00:48
Re: For what it's worth...
Nov 22, 2008, 00:45
Hi Gordon

Not necessarily peacemaker, but truth- (as I see it) teller. Yes I was enjoying a lot of the discussion. As I think I expressed - I have no doubt of your sincerity - never have done. But I have no doubt of Steve's either.

And I don't think either of you were points-scoring or 'arguing' for the sake of it. It's just a shame that you seem to have (it seems to me) reached the stage when you're not even interested in certain peoples' views or opinions (most extremely, Steve's!) and I think that's a shame.

I think the discussion here's probably dead (for me at least) now - until next time! ;^)

I was going to challenge your recurring theme of academic v practical engineering knowledge and the fact that you seem to think that nobody with academic qualifications knows what hard work is or has any practical knowledge. I'm sure in your heart-of-hearts you know that's not right.

But it's offtopic & I'm also sure you've heard anything I would have said before. And I'm sure you have your reasons for thinking and feeling that way. At the risk of sounding sanctimonious, I'll just say that it doesn't do you any favours.

love

Moth
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index