Z Stones alignment

20 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: Moving mountains
Nov 22, 2004, 17:14
Just to complicate matters further, there's the issue of quarrying. Most of the crags in the area have been had at. Bearing in mind the nasty old wall that was built along the top of the crags, it's not surprising, they needed a lot of stone. The feckers. Then the Victorians had their shot at it too.

I think at least two of the quarried outcrops may have been worked because there were already formations that lent themselves to the easy removal of stone. When you walk along the tops of the crags, there are allsorts of crazy geomorphisms going on.

But when you see the this circle, and it's pal further along the way to the west:
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/3301
They both seem to be in really awkward places.
I mean, it's a nice area an all, but the exact positioning has to have more complex reasoning than that. Knowing bog all about astroarcheo whathaveyou, I couldn't comment on SLs alignment theories, but I'm fairly convinced that there is some kind of alignment going on at both of these sites. I just dunno what they're aligned to. It could be those notches. Or it could be Queen's crags. Or both, It's beyond me.

(Shouldn't we be getting a thread subversion alert 'round about now?)

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index