What You Watching 3

69 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: What You Watching 3
Sep 22, 2018, 12:00
Up to the 4th series of Stewart Lee's comedy vehicle. It has mostly been engaging but the first couple of episodes in the 4th series I thought were below his usual standards. I don't really see the point of him talking to Chris Morris and previously armando ianucci either - basically admitting that his act is ill conceived in some 'meta' layer of irony and post modernism which apparently makes everything ok. Having said that, I do enjoy their analysis of his act!

Finishing off the final series of Being Human thanks to access of my sister's Netflix account. They have had some comedy heroes of mine in latter episodes like Julian Barratt and Ricky Grover. *Spoiler* Seeing 'Bobby' die was very upsetting

Been checking out Netflix stand up. Daniel Sloss was the first to be recommended but wasn't particularly enamoured. James Acaster i knew to be worthy of an hour's attention. Also watched Ricky Gervais' Humanity show but didn't get to the end because I didn't want to and I still have some life ahead of me.
Topic Outline:

The Village Pump Index