Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4683 posts

Detectorists
Oct 31, 2017, 17:06
At last...

Detectorists series three starts on Wednesday, 8 November at 10pm on BBC4.

YABBA DABBA DOO!!!
Monganaut
Monganaut
1728 posts

Re: Detectorists
Nov 01, 2017, 17:03
I binge watched the first coupla seasons a while ago after catching the odd episode here and there previously. Did enjoy the gentle humour and story, so yay to series 3.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4683 posts

Nov 02, 2017, 11:19
Monganaut wrote:
I binge watched the first coupla seasons a while ago after catching the odd episode here and there previously. Did enjoy the gentle humour and story, so yay to series 3.

I got it bad and bought the box set of the first two in the series. Sadly this is to be the last and I'm wondering if they finally end up discovering the 'boat' they walked away from in series 1.
costaexpress
54 posts

Nov 02, 2017, 11:42
Binged the first 2 series which leaves one of life's major dilemmas, do I watch it episode by episode or do I wait until they have all been shown and watch in 1 go.
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1323 posts

Nov 02, 2017, 18:53
Watch it as you go - then watch it all again in one go!
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2076 posts

Nov 09, 2017, 17:49
Still enjoyable to watch and subtly poignient
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4683 posts

Nov 09, 2017, 22:43
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
Still enjoyable to watch and subtly poignient

Looks very promising - loved last nights ending which gave us a good idea of what was to come this time around. I hope we see 'Larry' the farmer again - brilliant actor.
carol27
760 posts

Nov 10, 2017, 16:39
What I liked about it was, again, the last 10 minutes, showing the life of a field..piece of land, with all the footprints of nature, wildlife & humans on it over time . Some of it, regarding the humans, perhaps a little cliched, but I didn't care. The effect of the plough for example. It has always been a conundrum for me, trying to visualise our special places in their natural, formative habitats..you know, the forestation / deforestation; the meadow fields / the cultivated land; the "natural" moorlands, or not.
I also adore Mackenzie Crook. Does that man sleep or eat ever? He's got a good brain i think x
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4683 posts

Edited Nov 10, 2017, 20:19
Nov 10, 2017, 20:08
carol27 wrote:
What I liked about it was, again, the last 10 minutes, showing the life of a field..piece of land, with all the footprints of nature, wildlife & humans on it over time . Some of it, regarding the humans, perhaps a little cliched, but I didn't care. The effect of the plough for example. It has always been a conundrum for me, trying to visualise our special places in their natural, formative habitats..you know, the forestation / deforestation; the meadow fields / the cultivated land; the "natural" moorlands, or not.
I also adore Mackenzie Crook. Does that man sleep or eat ever? He's got a good brain i think x

The plough is a wonderful thing for detectorists and gives you two chances at the very least of 'sweeping' the same piece of land. And it's not all about treasure - well not the gold and silver kind of treasure anyway - but the simple kind of treasure like the horseshoe I detected 12" down two weeks ago. It was not 'horse' size, more pony but very thick and heavy which suggests it was a working shoe. What tales could it tell you ask yourself. It sits on a shelf at home now and gets people talking about the 'old days' when working the land was hard graft, not about political correctness or the X Factor or Strictly, but about real life in what for many was bloody hard times!
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7350 posts

Nov 11, 2017, 03:49
Yes, yes, yes.

A welcome return.

And it looks like The League Of Gentlemen is going to be re-run after it.

If anyone here hasn't experienced The League Of Gentlemen before - please do. It's a joy.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index