Wheeeeeee Kend

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
8961 posts

Edited Aug 04, 2017, 13:00
Wheeeeeee Kend
Aug 04, 2017, 12:34
Okay, pop kids!

What are you doing? Summer seems to have evaporated over recent weeks, leaving a few festivals and outdoor shindigs a bit soggy.

I played with a few folks at Kozfest last weekend - and whilst lucky enough to get Camp Calamity (my new inflatable tent) up in the dry and deflated in balmy sunshine, at the end - we all got a proper soaking and splattered in mud, in between.

Tomorrow, I drive over to Wales, with my attorney navigating, to another festival. I'm playing two sets, one with my new band - and a later one with a friend who's playing a late night ambient gig. Should be nice. I'm only camping one night, so have my fingers crossed that I'll dodge the showers.

The weekend after, btw, sees me play with FOUR different acts.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
673 posts

Edited Aug 05, 2017, 03:39
Re: Wheeeeeee Kend
Aug 05, 2017, 03:04
I'm thinking about changing the battery in my Roland JV-2080
and singing without vowels
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4828 posts

Aug 05, 2017, 09:07
Kid Calamity wrote:

Are you trying to elevate to this level KC? :-)
https://youtu.be/uXMuWi0dUBc
Kid Calamity
8961 posts

Aug 16, 2017, 11:04
Kid Calamity wrote:

As it happened, I played with FIVE at the Blind Cat festival! It's now Wednesday, but my bruises and aches are still very much present. It's probably an age thing, I suspect. I've also a horrible looking bloodshot eye, which occurred during a set where i was drumming for Peyote Guru on Sunday evening.
spencer
spencer
2895 posts

Aug 17, 2017, 23:59
My youngest got her A level results today: 3As and a B. Cambridge didn't want her. Their loss, Birmingham's gain. After hanging on to give her a hug today I shall be leaving the family home on Saturday, staying with friends until my new home (hopefully) completes next Wednesday. It has a field with horses in it and a farm outside the front door. Having turned off my mum's life support machine I now know that divorce is the worst experience of my life, and I now know where my limits are. Here ends a twenty four year marriage, the last twelve spent on a sofa for the sake of daughters that I love very much. It is mutual. I have my reward. Life part three...whatever that may bring.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4828 posts

Aug 18, 2017, 08:24
spencer wrote:
My youngest got her A level results today: 3As and a B. Cambridge didn't want her. Their loss, Birmingham's gain. After hanging on to give her a hug today I shall be leaving the family home on Saturday, staying with friends until my new home (hopefully) completes next Wednesday. It has a field with horses in it and a farm outside the front door. Having turned off my mum's life support machine I now know that divorce is the worst experience of my life, and I now know where my limits are. Here ends a twenty four year marriage, the last twelve spent on a sofa for the sake of daughters that I love very much. It is mutual. I have my reward. Life part three...whatever that may bring.

Hi Mike,
Glad as well as sad that things have reached a conclusion. A big hug for clever daughter from me as well (if I may be so forward!!) :-). Will mail you later - have news!

Roy
Kid Calamity
8961 posts

Aug 18, 2017, 10:53
As one chapter grinds to its conclusion another awaits your attention. Dive into it with gusto. And take no more crap.
spencer
spencer
2895 posts

Aug 18, 2017, 11:09
Cheers KC..I intend to. Got some mending to do but will...will adopt the work=best therapy approach - need to with all the bills from two sources on top of the usual at the mo. I'll be OK. With marriage failure a 1:2 event these days I've plenty of company, let's face it. They get through it, so will I. Two divorcees on one side at new place, one on the other.. seems like everyone's doing it :( Life'll go on
The Village Pump Index