Register
The Village Pump »
Game of Thrones

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5222 posts

Game of Thrones
Jul 18, 2017, 20:38
It's back! Oh don't tell me none of you watch it, surely.

I like the Hound best. One can only squeeze so much enjoyment out of John Snow's hair. I was tiring of all the violence at the end of the last series. But we even got a zombie giant this episode, I feel more interested again. What more do you want.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5850 posts

Re: Game of Thrones
Jul 18, 2017, 20:42
No spoilers please. We have to wait months until the boxset comes out. And where's the next book anyway?
Rhiannon
5222 posts

Jul 18, 2017, 20:48
Ah the books are so shoddily written, I did buy and read all of them but I can't bear the style I'm afraid.

That wasn't a spoiler by the way. There was only a brief glimpse of zombies to keep up the anticipation.

I haven't got the patience or the moral fortitude to wait for the box set I'm afraid. Disgraceful I know.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5850 posts

Jul 18, 2017, 21:01
Yes, the books are trashy but I enjoyed them (before I saw any of the TV series).

Waiting for the DVDs isn't a matter of patience or moral fortitude, it's lack of Sky TV or whatever it's on.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4645 posts

Jul 18, 2017, 23:13
thesweetcheat wrote:
Yes, the books are trashy but I enjoyed them (before I saw any of the TV series).

Waiting for the DVDs isn't a matter of patience or moral fortitude, it's lack of Sky TV or whatever it's on.

Get yourself a loaded Firestick and see the whole series (and every other series) for free, plus footy, FI, horse racing, rugger, cricket etc, zillions of films, doco's, box sets, BT Sport, Sky Sport - everything!! ;-)
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2063 posts

Jul 21, 2017, 18:49
As luck would have it, I'm staying with a sky customer so caught the new episode a couple of days ago. It just builds and builds without let up which after 7 series is quite an achievement.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
363 posts

Edited Jul 21, 2017, 23:59
Jul 21, 2017, 23:50
you'd have better luck training seagulls in hand-to-hand combat

i mean, don't get me wrong - the scenery is nice

it's like Big Brother

"I just watch it for the lulls"

Maybe GOT is a production template for the epic retelling of David Eddings Belgariad Quintology?

Or in this simulated Universe is there room for only one Tolkein Estate rip-off at a time?
The Village Pump Index