Head To Head
Register
The Village Pump »

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Ethericat
67 posts

Apr 29, 2017, 09:26
I've made quite a few attempts to upload an Avatar since I reincarnated here again, you know, just a nice bit of window dressing, but the slice of hard disbuggerous on toast is that I keep getting a message saying 'unable to upload blah blah must be jpeg right format blah'. Well, the images I have are all jpegs as far as I know and upload fine elsewhere, dig? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Yours

Baffled Of Nether Snurtle
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1534 posts

Re: Avatar Probs
Apr 29, 2017, 19:44
Just selotape your mug shot onto your screen,then you can have an avatar on every page you look at.

Simples

:o)

Wessexy off Wessex
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4645 posts

Apr 29, 2017, 19:54
neighbourofthedrude wrote:
Just selotape your mug shot onto your screen,then you can have an avatar on every page you look at.

Simples

Wessexy off Wessex

I tried that once but the heat softened the tape and it fell off - so I nailed it on. Call it coincidence if you like, but a second or two later the screen failed. Most odd! :-)
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1534 posts

Apr 30, 2017, 07:39
Sanctuary wrote:
neighbourofthedrude wrote:

Simples

Wessexy off Wessex

I tried that once but the heat softened the tape and it fell off - so I nailed it on. Call it coincidence if you like, but a second or two later the screen failed. Most odd! :-)

I bet that was the last time you bought anything from Tandy !
Lesson learned.

Kid Calamity
8932 posts

Apr 30, 2017, 11:50
I can't upload an avatar, either.

Maybe those of us without such visual embellishments available to us should include a little description with each post, to help set the tone.

Tabby cat with coy expression, with third eye photoshopped in and colours altered to include orange sky blue and purple, for further amusing effect.
Ethericat
67 posts

May 03, 2017, 11:02
Kid Calamity wrote:
I can't upload an avatar, either.

Maybe those of us without such visual embellishments available to us should include a little description with each post, to help set the tone.

Tabby cat with coy expression, with third eye photoshopped in and colours altered to include orange sky blue and purple, for further amusing effect.

I've given up trying.

[Grinning madly, hair blowing in the azure spume, astride an amethyst porpoise in my axis bold as love themed tie dye swimming shorts as flying fish whoosh past my coral antlers playing tiny sitars].
Kid Calamity
8932 posts

May 03, 2017, 14:03
Odd isn't it. Somebody running the site must've disabled that function.

Cloud in the shape of a heart
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4645 posts

May 03, 2017, 15:41
Kid Calamity wrote:

He probably thought the mug shots looked like a line-up in Crimewatch UK :-)
Ethericat
67 posts

May 03, 2017, 18:08
Kid Calamity wrote:

Om Sign Moon Newt.
Ethericat
67 posts

May 04, 2017, 09:54
Hang on a mo - some other people have got them. Why not us, hmm? I rock a lowly laptop and I know that you are seasoned flasher of the mac so...it's gotta be...
(der der DER!!!!). THE MOON WEASELS! aaaaaAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index