The Village Pump »
Snap Election!

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wiggy
1718 posts

Snap Election!
Apr 18, 2017, 12:26
I'm hearing has been announced for June! Labour in turmoil with the media attack dogs all over them. Another 5 years of Tory rule in the pipeline as the English working class will cut their own throats once again!
Can I move to Scotland and vote "yes"?
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
749 posts

Re: Snap Election!
Apr 18, 2017, 23:07
Wiggy wrote:
I'm hearing has been announced for June! Labour in turmoil with the media attack dogs all over them. Another 5 years of Tory rule in the pipeline as the English working class will cut their own throats once again!

Come to Scotland and vote for whoever you like and "yes" or "no" for whatever you believe in. It's a fine place. The settled will of the Scottish People (ie. the people doing the living, working, doing and dying in Scotland) is what matters. Healthy and unhealthy debate is fine. So is the understanding that you cant always get what you want.
Make that move Wiggy!
spencer
spencer
2843 posts

Apr 19, 2017, 01:00
Fekkin coming too. Prob serious. Getting a lurg and marriage out the way first.. look out DnG...
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2463 posts

Apr 20, 2017, 16:55
Wiggy wrote:

nae bother, you are most welcome :-) :-)
tjj
tjj
3314 posts

Apr 21, 2017, 09:48
drewbhoy wrote:
Wiggy wrote:

Hi Drew, you know I love Scotland and am guessing you might extend that invitation to me too. Can't run away now though, there's a fight on - every vote counts. Six months down the line I may re-assess.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2463 posts

Edited Apr 21, 2017, 11:35
Apr 21, 2017, 11:34
tjj wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:
Wiggy wrote:

Hi Drew, you know I love Scotland and am guessing you might extend that invitation to me too. Can't run away now though, there's a fight on - every vote counts. Six months down the line I may re-assess.

You are very welcome to come and stay at any time :-), local guide thrown in for nothing :-)
tomatoman
87 posts

Apr 21, 2017, 14:59
As someone who has lived in Galloway now for 8 years, I would share the thought that one's existence, wherever enjoyed/endured, is often subject to political and media pressure from SOME source. Many in Galloway resent edicts from Edinburgh as much as many people in Edinburgh resent edicts from London.
We moved here to experience life at a slower pace and the TV often goes OFF pretty soon after it goes ON!
sanshee
sanshee
1109 posts

Apr 21, 2017, 15:06
Yes, and Orkney and Shetland really needs liberating from those 'thieving marauding Scots'.
;)
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2463 posts

Apr 21, 2017, 15:14
tomatoman wrote:
As someone who has lived in Galloway now for 8 years, I would share the thought that one's existence, wherever enjoyed/endured, is often subject to political and media pressure from SOME source. Many in Galloway resent edicts from Edinburgh as much as many people in Edinburgh resent edicts from London.
We moved here to experience life at a slower pace and the TV often goes OFF pretty soon after it goes ON!

No idea what you are going on about. Tjj has an interest in prehistory and apparently I'm knowledgeable about that subject. An invitation to make her welcome to rural Aberdeenshire and show her around would be good imo.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2463 posts

Apr 21, 2017, 15:17
sanshee wrote:
Yes, and Orkney and Shetland really needs liberating from those 'thieving marauding Scots'.
;)

Visited these islands many times to play concerts/gigs or visit ancient sites and been welcomed every time.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index