Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1109 posts

Edited Apr 10, 2017, 13:53
Real fur sold as fake
Apr 10, 2017, 13:52
http://news.sky.com/story/real-animal-fur-sold-as-fake-on-british-high-street-10832370

Saw this today, found it utterly unbelievable.
Seems it's 'cheaper' to use real animal fur than create synthetic stuff.
And we only have to imagine how they make sure to keep costs down.
My daughter used to have a thing for 'Claire's', liked fluffy pencil cases and all that.
Some of her friends have these fluffy key rings, it's a current fad.
She kind of went off 'fluffy' stuff but what the hell have I bought in the past without knowing?
Kid Calamity
8944 posts

Re: Real fur sold as fake
Apr 10, 2017, 14:48
I remember a friend's daughter had a teddy bear that I quickly identified as being made of real fur. Possibly from a cat.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2494 posts

Edited Apr 10, 2017, 15:18
Apr 10, 2017, 15:15
Most people must have fallen for that over the years :-( On a related subject whilst visiting the Philla Cairn near Johnshaven I was told that 'hare coursing' had made a re-appearance in the area.
sanshee
sanshee
1109 posts

Apr 10, 2017, 17:06
Unreal, some things neon pink too, looks absolutely nothing like real fur.
A woman noticed on closer inspection 'pelt' which gave it away.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5878 posts

Apr 10, 2017, 19:24
I think the fluffy keyrings should be okay (if they're the ones I think you mean, from Accessorize or somewhere like that?), they're made out of polyester I believe.
sanshee
sanshee
1109 posts

Apr 10, 2017, 21:48
Yeah hope so.
But I have had 'fluffy' slippers in the past and a rather snazzy leopard style jacket.
Not suggesting it was actually leopard, but could be anything.
Of course it 'stated' was synthetic fibres.
I'm kind of blown by this story today.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5878 posts

Apr 10, 2017, 22:04
Not good :(
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8689 posts

Apr 10, 2017, 22:37
This broke a while back now. In the cold weather about a month ago, furry bobble hats were very much a fashion thing around London. Made me angry to think of the animals that suffered for this fad, with the owners of the hats probably completely unaware.

https://blogs.rspca.org.uk/insights/2016/12/16/are-you-buying-real-fur/#.WOv6zPnyvIU
tomatoman
83 posts

Apr 11, 2017, 09:45
Best that you're NOT exposed to how many of these creatures are despatched. I once saw an horrific video from the Far East which I will never forget. The cruelty of Man for a few quid is unreal.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
765 posts

Apr 11, 2017, 11:19
I was in a certain garden centre on the banks of the Clyde on Monday. It was one of those with acres of interior design things (ornate ornaments, Kilner Jars with beads in them, wicker baskets etc) in crammed giftshop areas as well as thousands of plants out under cover. I was walking past a pile of rugs when I noticed one pile were pelts. They were real pelts (I presumed deer or dog) about four feet long and two feet wide. Just a few quid each. The pile was about waist high. It was not what I'd expected to see.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index