14 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4683 posts

Re: Fishing anyone?
May 03, 2017, 08:34
dhajjieboy wrote:
I've never heard of any ban on Polarized sunglasses at the tournaments they hold around these parts...
I'm not too much for tournament participation either,they generally are a big cluster phuck of too many boats on the water for me to enjoy.
Scalloping also sees the waters around here mobbed on the weekend with all manner of folks in the water snorkeling and grabbing up every scallop for many a mile.
I do like my old ray-bay aviators with polarized lens though....and my old bausch and lomb sunglasses too.. still got both pairs that i bought over 30 years ago. They are essential for cutting the glare of the waters surface.
And hopefully preventing cataracts too. Be sure to get a lanyard around your neck on those glasses....they sink real quick !
Happy fishing too....

It was the optician himself that told me that the prescription ones were banned - and he is a fisherman himself!

After my examination it was I that mentioned my interest in them so he showed me some slides of the prescription polars in action against the bog standard versions and the difference was quite amazing. Of course the surface glare and ripple had gone as one would expect, but it was the depth and clarity of it in that was very impressive! I fish in so many lakes where the fish circulate regularly that as you know you can stay in the same swim all day long and expect some action every 30 minutes or so. I'm pretty sure by what I've seen thus far that you can follow them around if, like me, you like stalking your prey and taking them off the surface!
Anyway, another week or so and I'll know :-)

The Village Pump Index