The Village Pump »
Fishing anyone?

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Fishing anyone?
Apr 04, 2017, 17:43
I caught over 20 Mangrove snappers yesterday, along with 5 sea trout and 2 redfish.
3 of the Sea trout came home with ole' Dhajjie.
The rest are back to their usual business.
Dhajjie likes a fish fry he does.
Ethericat
67 posts

Re: Fishing anyone?
Apr 04, 2017, 17:57
Always sensed the mystical aspect of fishing, and glad they didn't all come home, and those that did met a respectful and honourable plate.
Kid Calamity
8933 posts

Edited Apr 04, 2017, 18:13
Apr 04, 2017, 18:13
Yes, I used to fish. Occasionally, when seasiding, I'll go out on a fishing trip. As a carnivore, I find it a more... i dunno... genuine way of getting a meal.

BTW What is a Mangrove Snapper? Is it big?
Ethericat
67 posts

Apr 04, 2017, 18:27
Indeed. I have no problem at all, being an 'ethical eater' these days ( Sorry. That sounds so fucking Guardian). Largely veggie given the choice, but for personal reasons that of no import here not always the case, which I'm fine with I cannot stand the attendant hypocrisy of so many 'types' - all identity groovy. So fucking tiresome and reductionist. Man and nature, in its purest sense, is beautiful balance.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Edited Apr 04, 2017, 18:34
Apr 04, 2017, 18:33
Fishing is a way of life for me.
I spend as much of my spare time doing it as possible.
My very earliest memories are of fishing alongside my Dad.{mid 1960's}

A Mangrove snapper is a member of the Snapper family which also includes the Red Snapper too, a world class eating fish, and thus too are all the Snappers. They must be Ten inches" in length to keep around these parts, I caught several keepers yesterday whilst inshore fishing outside the Chassahowitzka river on the West coast of Florida.
But I let the blighters go.....I wanted a beer batter{McCormicks dry mix} dipped Trout fish fry in canola oil.{with hand cut potato fries and corn on the cob}
They{the snapper family} can get quite large in deeper water though....nigh on 20 pounds.
They are on my list for the next fry up.....
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4647 posts

Apr 04, 2017, 23:47
I've been fishing since I was a kid in Jersey (Channel Islands) where I used to sea fish. Now I just course fish (none game) and return all I catch. Wonderful relaxing hobby.

https://youtu.be/dyvW6xA9ZA0
Kid Calamity
8933 posts

Apr 05, 2017, 10:01
YUM!
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Apr 06, 2017, 18:32
Nice one!
???a wels catfish???
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Apr 06, 2017, 18:32
Quite.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4647 posts

Apr 06, 2017, 22:57
dhajjieboy wrote:
Nice one!
???a wels catfish???

Carp. A decent one for that lake but small compared to those on larger stretches of water!
Took it on the surface with floatable dog biscuit on a no.10 barbless hook set 1/2" above the bait.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index