Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
8942 posts

Edited Mar 31, 2017, 16:38
WEEKEND Plans...
Mar 31, 2017, 16:36
Well...

I've been through a bit of a downer of late. Some of you might know some of the details. I'm not trying to be secretive or anything - it's just that some things aren't for sharing in public places.

Anyhoooooo... Last weekend was spent utterly munted in north London with my 'attorney', ala 'Fear & Loathing...' we stumbled from one bewildering experience to another. I'm convinced I witnessed the best gig I will EVER attend, at the Kentish Town Forum (or whatever it's called this week); Tony Allen and his fantastic band doing some sorta homage to Art Blakey.

We also found ourselves in a Jerry Sadowitz magic show, where he didn't swear or do anything remotely unsavoury. There were even kids in the little theatre!!

I might have 'imagined' some of that.

So... to this forthcoming weekend. Resting mainly...

I'm still aching from a heavy drumming session on Wednesday, for some reason. Hmmm... this might possibly be age related. I've some repairs to do out on the Castle Calamity ramparts, where Lady Calamity had a nasty fall, in my absence. She's also booked in for some repairs, too.

I will be mixing more music, from recent sessions - and seamlessly dropping in an overdub, supplied by a top guitarist who's paid me the compliment of not only liking what me and Corky have created but actually adding to the whole yumminess.

Sunday, sees the Calamity folk heading out to the most lush corner of the Black Country for noshing and natters with the good Wychbury people. It's been far too long since we last locked antlers. My recent... er, disposition... didn't encourage any cordiality - and I apologise.

Immediately after necking the last slurp of gravy, from the side of the plate, we're squeezing in yet another burst of social activity. My niece has copped for a sprog - so a dash over to the fair vale of Warwickshire will be shoehorned into our buzzing itinerary. We will poke and prod the littlest of Calamity Kids.

That's me.

What are you up to? If you can't think of anything, make something up.
Moon Cat
9704 posts

Re: WEEKEND Plans...
Mar 31, 2017, 23:09
Going to Stafford, then Cannock, for an Uncle and Aunt's 50th Wedding anniversary do. I've probably made that sound more exciting than it is. Although, Cannock, as the quantum ley line of apathy and waiting room ailments, is a weirdly fascinating place.
Stevo
Stevo
6703 posts

Apr 01, 2017, 08:56
Hopefully finishing at least cutting a couple of shirts and possibly a pair of jeans. May even get them constructed.

Tidying through the sprawl of books and magazines around the bed. Moved things rapidly to get new mattress in when it arrived yesterday. So need to get things in better order.

Have to think about where I need to go for a paper and what shopping I need. Have an hour plus walk to town with bus strike on and local places that sell the Guardian are both about a twenty minute walk away in different directions.
Kid Calamity
8942 posts

Apr 01, 2017, 10:10
I have some good friends in Cannock. They run a regular Friday rock night, disco thing, which is pretty legendary.

They're also putting on a little weekender, in September: https://www.evensi.uk/space-chase-one-bridgtown-social-working-mens-club/193386117

I'll be there again. Last year I did a set with vert:x. It was good.

This was my hotel for the evening: https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7076/7062242679_2f65b35372_b.jpg
Kid Calamity
8942 posts

Apr 01, 2017, 10:11
I saw your photos on Facebook!! Very dapper stuff, my friend!!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
870 posts

Apr 01, 2017, 14:28
Trying to have a quiet (ish) weekend here after a few weeks full pelt with selling tea, work and enjoying myself, so apart from a few trips outside the house it's finishing some work on my campaign (running for council) and watching some naff films
Kid Calamity
8942 posts

Edited Apr 01, 2017, 18:10
Apr 01, 2017, 18:10
Captain Starlet wrote:
...finishing some work on my campaign (running for council) and watching some naff films

GO CAPTAIN STARLET!!!
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2161 posts

Apr 02, 2017, 09:59
Sunday (i.e. today) I'm going on a pub walk around Newcastle's Ouseburn Valley with my local SPBW buds in memoriam of a fellow member who passed away a year ago (RIP Eric). Looks like it's going to be a nice day.

laresident
laresident
857 posts

Apr 02, 2017, 15:20
Dragged the family to see the amazing wildflower display in the Antelope Valley. Quite mind blowing carpet of colour stretching for miles across the hills. In fact I have been enjoying many hikes in the mountains by streams, which at higher altitudes have a lovely Alpine feel with the snowmelt. Everywhere the dormant seeds have all gone for it and the city is green and lush from the generous winter rains, reminding me why I ended up here.
meurglys III
meurglys III
1095 posts

Apr 02, 2017, 20:40
Friday was a day in a recording studio with John Kettle, we spent all day on one song, very pleased with the results, we will be going back for more.
Spent most of the weekend in lovely Wigan. There is an arts festival on at the moment, yesterday was bands in the town centre, ending with the ace rock reggae interface that is Jeramiah Ferrari, fresh from touring with the Wailers. Then Match of the day and taxi duties in the early hours as Gill had her mates round for drinkies.

Today was a lovely acoustic show by Virginia Kettle and the Dreamkeepers, made up of local heroes from Merry Hell (previously the Tansads, some of you might remember them) at the wonderful Old Courts. Then my dad came for his tea and son no. 2 and his girlfriend came round for a chill & chat. Most enjoyable.

You asked. ;-)
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index