The Village Pump »
C C F O

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
wychburyman
937 posts

C C F O
Feb 15, 2017, 12:40
Damn you Julian, you are right, it is an ear-worm!

Cunts Can Fuck Off keeps reverberating through my head, especially when I have to engage with my Line Managers!
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
587 posts

Re: C C F O
Feb 15, 2017, 12:49
wychburyman wrote:
Damn you Julian, you are right, it is an ear-worm!

Cunts Can Fuck Off keeps reverberating through my head, especially when I have to engage with my Line Managers!

I'd love to hear a studio recording - because of this (from a Guardian article on 2010);

'Actually, Cope told the magazine, he'd just written a pop song, inspired by the mid-60s baroque style of the Left Banke, ....... "It's called," he added, "The Cunts Can Fuck Off."'

So I'm guessing there would be more harmonies on a recording (I can sort of hear it in my head as a 3 part harmony).
But yes, its that old trick of juxtaposing sweet melodies with vicious lyrics!
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: C C F O
Feb 15, 2017, 13:07
More of an 'individual' listening experience rather than dinner music/social gathering/children's birthday party background ambiance thing i suppose....
Or just 'inspiration' on how to start one's day and meet and greet the world.....
Perhaps i'll try playing it at the next Dominoes game.
spencer
spencer
2843 posts

F Y I
Feb 16, 2017, 01:42
Markoid has been fucked off from the TMA Forum by it's Ed for calling someone there a cunt... I believe that some others may roundly agree with that succinct assessment. I hope that he's not now barred here too, and that you motherfuckers agree and hope so too. Takes a lot to be a mental health professional, and bound to take its toll if you keep empathising like a good one should. In my opinion. Just saying.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: F Y I
Feb 16, 2017, 02:37
spencer wrote:
Markoid has been fucked off from the TMA Forum by it's Ed for calling someone there a cunt... I believe that some others may roundly agree with that succinct assessment. I hope that he's not now barred here too, and that you motherfuckers agree and hope so too. Takes a lot to be a mental health professional, and bound to take its toll if you keep empathising like a good one should. In my opinion. Just saying.

I won't miss him and everyone of his cowardly 'EDITED' posts....
I guess that makes me a "MotherFucker".....
I have personally spent Decades in and around hospitals at the University level as a Field service engineer/service organization provider;servicing x-ray systems, MRI/CT scanners/Linear Accelerators/C-arms/Digital Imaging systems/Et-fucking-cetera.....answering to Dept. Heads,Medical directors,Doctors,Management,Nursing staff,clinical techs/therapists,physicists,and financial officers.....
I reckon that the closest that 'Markoid' ever got to being a 'Mental Health' professional was as an orderly or a patient.
How that was not patently obvious to anyone on this site at least half a decade ago is just stunning to me.
You Brits must have extremely low expectations from your health service providers.

Hey Markoid !
Buh bye.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2306 posts

Edited Feb 16, 2017, 10:50
Feb 16, 2017, 04:27
See ya, Markoid! If only more of us had watched Limmy's Show the power of the cunt would have been completely dispelled.
Moon Cat
9698 posts

Feb 18, 2017, 00:35
spencer wrote:

My mum was a mental health professional for decades. Oddly enough, she didn't feel the urge to routinely lash out at people like a belligerent pub gobshite. Been in that line myself as it happens. Maybe it might actually be something to do with the person themselves?

Markoid been thoroughly abusive to people I know, respect and like on here. I am happy to engage and chat to him on a good day. But, he can be an unnecessarily bullish tool when there's no need for it, and he's put me right off being here more than once.
Just sayin'.
spencer
spencer
2843 posts

Edited Feb 18, 2017, 02:25
Feb 18, 2017, 02:17
Tbt I've not clicked on his output much. Did get a teeny weeny bit peeved about 'random o/t replies' found, thought whooa. Note absence of much correspondence twixt he and me..not that I'd recommend more than the briefest of scans: times better spent listening to groovy things. If he's been as has been noted by you and others, well...Hope his head gets sorted, whatever. Praps this event may advance that. O/T, since not on FB whatever, know none of your doings and events. Hope things alright in your world. Was sniffing at a Moto G4 earlier..may even be back looking at Fl***r inabit (!) Even uploading (!!!!!!)
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2306 posts

Feb 18, 2017, 06:06
Wrote a big ol' FBI profile on Markoid with that last post, but then edited it to what it is as I realised how odd it was scattin' so much about some online figure who can't respond. So I'll do it again anyway. Gist of it was I suspect he had a brand new condition called E-sperger's, where you're so used to reading body language and the like in person that you're always on a different page to whoever you're chatting to online. Can't read the tells when you've got just a wall of text to go on. Also think he may have had yer usual autodidact side-effects, like when an answer doesn't originate from yours truly, it ain't worth hearing. THAT I can totally and utterly relate to, having not gone through the usual education channels myself, but I'm tryin' real hard, Ringo! The dude had a lotta heart and compassion, though. He is not a malicious person, honest! Unlike ol' dhajie above, I reckon editing out yer angry posts later on and apologising isn't cowardly but sweet. Seems only fitting that his coup de grace was a result of a total misinterpretation. Pretty sure he and that Modern Antiquarian chap were very much at cross-purposes, reading each other's posts with completely the wrong inflection. Markoid saw a guy having a conversation with his buds and morphed it into aspersions directed personally at him, and t'other bloke read Markoid's glib Scots patter in a bone-dry queen's English voice, turning 'em into embittered diatribes. This is why emoticons exist! And so you can sign off your emails with wee little pictures of Strawberry Sundaes, Dog Doo and Kitties Giving Each Other a High Five.

Not sure forums are always all that healthy. They have that facebook thang afoot where you rely on that serotonin fix of being noticed, being replied to, several times a day. Shirley that can't be great for a strugglin' ego trying to make a living. Markoid may be in a better place now, punctuating his neighbourly conversations with a boom-box loaded full've early '90s alt-rock cassettes in lieu of youtube links.
spencer
spencer
2843 posts

Feb 18, 2017, 10:52
Like I said, Sin, you are a Dude. Our Stew didn't clock you for nothing.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index