Portable GPS devices

29 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
1696 posts

Re: Portable GPS devices
Jan 23, 2017, 14:42
Mucho thanks fer the MP3 advice. My missus has kindly donated her Sony (same model NWZ A728) to the 'lost' cause, bless her, but may pick up a back up fer that 'just in case' scenario. TBH, my old Samsung Galaxy Ace has amazing sound for a built in phone player, just wastes yer battery double quick. Not that I use my phone much, so that's always a possibility.

Daft getting so sentimental over a player, but it was used daily, and really hasn't left my side for a day in 10 years or more. Was battered and scratched, bits held on with gaffa tape, but it never let me down, never froze, always worked and sounded great into the bargain. Still, got me missus one now, which is waaaaay better condition that mine, having been used half as much :)

Noticed there are some stupidly cheap players that will do FLAC these days, though I've never been one to worry too much over sound quality (as much of my fav albums seem to have been recorded on cheap instruments, on 2 track in a damp basement somewheres).
Topic Outline:

The Village Pump Index