42 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Toni Torino
2276 posts

Re: The Rock N' Roll Memoir
Jan 12, 2017, 20:30
Paul Higgins wrote:

BEZ: FREAKY DANCING
I liked this even though I thought some of it was made up (sorry but people who take huge amounts of drugs DON'T remember how many spliffs were rolled on a certain night twenty years ago! Well I couldn't anyway!) I was ALMOST convinced until I read Shaun Ryder say years later Bez's other-half at-the-time wrote it and most of it is made up. Cheats!

The passage on p.100 made me laugh from Ryder's "Twisting My Melons":

In August 1986 we supported Julian Cope at the Boardwalk. What an arsehole. He behaved like such a prick that we promised ourselves that when we became a headlining act we would always make sure that our support bands got a decent soundcheck and we would never treat them like Julian Cope treated us that night. He said "Who do they think they are, the fucking Undertones?" because we all had anoraks and cagoules on. The bastard. He fannied about with this stupid microphone stand that he could climb on and spin round like a performing monkey for about 5 hours which meant we got about 5 minutes to soundcheck. We were stood there, staring at him thinking "Come on, you prick, fucking move or we'll move you!" He was lucky we didn't batter him.

Comedy gold.
Topic Outline:

The Village Pump Index