What you watching 2

184 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2306 posts

Re: What you watching 2
Jun 14, 2017, 22:59
Looking forward to dipping into the last season of Orphan Black. Anyone here watch it? It's just bloody stunning how Tatiana Maslany makes all the different clones so distinguished from each other. I was chatting with my trans aunt about this (who loved every clone except for the trans one, who she thought was a bit half-baked and ramrodded in for some agenda or other), and we both kept on forgetting that each of her characters weren't played by completely different actors. I really bloody hope it doesn't go the way of the other Black show Orange is the New Black, which followed up an emotionally wrenching, paranoid, dark season with a totally underwritten, trifling season of characters acting like exagerrated fan-fiction caricatures of everything we'd seen before. I love female-centric shows. I think it was Ingmar Bergman who said on the Dick Cavett show that he thinks that female actors are innately better at conveying emotion onscreen, and I'm down with that, but I reckon I'm signing off this half way in.
Topic Outline:

The Village Pump Index