191 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2306 posts

Re: What you watching 2
Feb 17, 2017, 09:13
Haha! You're hysterical.

Peaks is coming very soon. Very, very soon. Can't wait, personally. This interview Lynch did with Patti Smith came up in my youtube feed yesterday and made me excited all over again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilPRXtkfZXw

Did you watch it when it came out at the time? People say The Sopranos or The Wire are the programs that legitimised tee-vee again, but it was Twin Peaks, wasn't it? Lynch said something about creativity being like fishing for ideas. You have to sit very still and quiet and they'll come. And to get to the more revelatory, life-changing ideas, you have to cast your net out into the deepest, darkest waters. I love that he somehow hijacked the world's consciousness for a short spell with TP. Force-fed us all the strangest fish. No wonder so many of the cast returned for the revival the moment they got the call. Even the ones who've been retired from acting for years. I half suspect Lynch'll do something crazy like kill them all off in the first five minutes, but I doubt even he'd be that cruel.
Topic Outline:

The Village Pump Index