Dog in fog
251 posts

Edited Dec 18, 2016, 15:01
Re: What you watching 2
Dec 18, 2016, 14:59
carol27 wrote:
Dog in fog wrote:
carol27 wrote:
I really like Samantha Morton, & I quite like Tim Roth so Rillington Place. I love 10 Rillington Place, Dickie Attenborough (darling Dickie); I think it's brilliant ( love maybe out of context concerning such an apparently ghastly shitface), but, there you go great acting is great acting imho.
I also really enjoyed The Missing, largely because of Tcheky Aayro who played Baptiste,the detective. Splendid actor.

I really like Samantha Morton, too. Did you ever see Band of Gold (TV series from the 90s) and also her appearance in Cracker (episode The Big Crunch). Bloody hell, that was more than acting.

I've just rewatched The Big Crunch; I'll try Band of Gold next. Thankyou. She really struck me, relatively recently alongside the brilliant Phillip Seymour Hoffman in Synecdoche..a film that I'm not sure I can make head nor tail of:)

Her performance as Tracey in Band of Gold was superb and shockingly convincing. Then when you learn years and years later of Samantha's troubled childhood, it becomes even more remarkable. She was only 17 or 18 when acting those parts. I take my hat off to her.

PS Thanks for the tip - I haven't heard of that one.
Topic Outline:

The Village Pump Index