What you watching 2

Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog in fog
Dog in fog
251 posts

Re: What you watching 2
Dec 01, 2016, 10:32
I happened upon this yesterday. It's from the Play For Today series and has definitely got The Wicker Man feel. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Robin Redbreast, 1970.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyztk4--8YQ
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
363 posts

Dec 03, 2016, 02:38
Watched that BBC4 Life Of Brian rehash - I think it succeeded in lowering the tone to that of a 118 directory enquiries advert sufficiently to make me want to pay my TV license out of a sense of paying people to make them go away.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
363 posts

Dec 03, 2016, 02:56
Also watched the first two episodes of Netflix Black Mirror - it reminded me of a short story I read in a children's book in junior school:

A flight simulator program only didn't crash when the arbiter of the story saved a plane from crashing in real life, having lost two lives in the simulation.

And get this - the computer program knew he'd done that and didn't let him play again!

Wow! So mind blowing!
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
363 posts

Dec 03, 2016, 03:04
Also having heard Voyager chuntering away in the background we've now switched to Enterprise.

The dictionary definition of not talking about what you are watching.

It is without a doubt the most cynical deployment of intellectual property ever to be associated with the words Star Trek: - notwithstanding the lame cover versions of "this is supposed to be before Star Trek" fan service, their only token is a English accent bloke going: "this is a phase pistol, it does stun or kill".

It's not worth the wallpaper mate.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
363 posts

Edited Dec 03, 2016, 03:08
Dec 03, 2016, 03:07
Actually you may as well call this: "My wife watches crap on telly the fucking idiot.", and learn Hebrew instead.

Total fkn drone shite.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
877 posts

Dec 03, 2016, 13:44
Rewatching The Blacklist from the start as I've completely forgotten what was going on
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2065 posts

Dec 03, 2016, 13:52
Drifters. Comedy about 3 20 something women struggling to adapt to the realities of life. A couple of episodes in and enjoying their comedy mishaps.

Been watching coverage of the snooker UK championships with a very strong line up for the semi's today. Will it be a Ronnie v Selby final? No guarantees.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
363 posts

Edited Dec 03, 2016, 14:06
Dec 03, 2016, 13:56
Now I promised myself that typing bad reviews into the internet is not the most constructive hobby, but now that Netflix has thrown up "Filth" featuring Xavier X-men man from Shameless and some other people I didn't bother to look at as giving your eyes more than two seconds of screen time just to confirm this is nothing more than baby's first how to point an iPad at things with a medium celebrity in it for money I could possibly lift my arm up to drag across a pixel of an eighth of a star.

It certainly doesn't make me want to sit in Scotland for the eight fucking seconds it takes to be so insulted by the utter "my english teacher recommended the book version of Trainspotting to me while I blankly sat through another socialization orientation consultation" dialogue.

Fucking shite jobbies.
Shite.
Shite.
Shite.
Shite.
Shite.
Shite.
Shite.
Shite.
Shite.
Shite.
Shite.
Shite.

Two stars if the staff are all disabled and found fit to work.

Christ. Even my wife wants me to shut the fuck up about how...it's like being pumped full of "milk" that isn't even milk it just has the properties of fluid and reflecting all visible members of the electromagnetic spectrum! I... it doesn't even have the properties of a fruit fly SERIOUSLY, MY DESCRIPTION OF LEAD CHARACTER BLOKE BEING "XAVIER X-MEN MAN" is more fucking entertaining than the shitehounds that assemble this wavey tourist garbage. How can you argue with nothing it's not even shadow boxing flippin' 'ell
carol27
761 posts

Edited Dec 04, 2016, 17:58
Dec 04, 2016, 17:52
I really like Samantha Morton, & I quite like Tim Roth so Rillington Place. I love 10 Rillington Place, Dickie Attenborough (darling Dickie); I think it's brilliant ( love maybe out of context concerning such an apparently ghastly shitface), but, there you go great acting is great acting imho.
I also really enjoyed The Missing, largely because of Tcheky Aayro who played Baptiste,the detective. Splendid actor.
Dog in fog
Dog in fog
251 posts

Dec 11, 2016, 15:41
carol27 wrote:
I really like Samantha Morton, & I quite like Tim Roth so Rillington Place. I love 10 Rillington Place, Dickie Attenborough (darling Dickie); I think it's brilliant ( love maybe out of context concerning such an apparently ghastly shitface), but, there you go great acting is great acting imho.
I also really enjoyed The Missing, largely because of Tcheky Aayro who played Baptiste,the detective. Splendid actor.

I really like Samantha Morton, too. Did you ever see Band of Gold (TV series from the 90s) and also her appearance in Cracker (episode The Big Crunch). Bloody hell, that was more than acting.
Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index