Anyone else see Aronofsky's latest? I still don't know what I thought of it
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
591 posts

Edited Oct 11, 2017, 15:48
Upstart Crow
Oct 08, 2017, 11:46
Huh.
Inform, Educate, Entertain, Provide Work For In-Between-Jobbing Actors. Well, two out of four is still bloody awful.
It is the food of bellends.

oh my gosh the coloured gentleman is literally shaking a speare. THAT'S FUCKING GENIUS

still if Fry and Laurie have all ponced off to arse cunting Foxland then fuck everything really. This series is clearly directly responsible for Brexit.

"Lady grotto".

Ok, it's a little bit entertaining. And topical, a little bit topical and a bit entertaining.

Actually it's really really bloody entertaining - had to spend at least one and a half episodes of bastard hangover just to mentally readjust out of the idiot youtube critique!
keith a
9190 posts

Re: What you watching 2
Oct 09, 2017, 07:13
I'm OD-ing on old episodes of Grand Designs.

It was a programme I would watch occasionally if I stumbled across it but it would be *very* occasionally, so I have lots to catch up on. OK, it's formulaic but I do find people's (often arduous) journey interesting quite apart from the architecture. It's got to the stage where I see a derelict garden centre or closed-down restaurant and I wonder how it could be converted into a home!
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
591 posts

Re: Upstart Crow
Oct 13, 2017, 23:50
In fact, Upstart Crow is so entertaining I have now entered a new word into the internet dictionary of common usage:

"Leftist Conspiracy" collective noun,
any collection of recognisable comedy actors who appear in front of an audience in numbers of 12 or greater.

Good lord I am so in fear of that leftist conspiracy
Wiggy
1724 posts

Re: What you watching 2 - Monocled Mutineer
Oct 30, 2017, 17:46
Yesterday channel is re running Alan Bleasdale's "The Monocled Mutineer" at the moment
It's as great as I remember it being.
I honestly thought that in the prevailing (since 1990 Gulf War onwards) climate of squaddie worship and lack of alternative views in the media, we would never see this on again.
Great performance from McGann, but he looks sooo young in this - the early/mid 1980's seems a life-time away.
Monganaut
Monganaut
1854 posts

Oct 30, 2017, 21:20
Been binge watching Mindhunter over the last few days. Subject matter is a bit grim, but found it addictive. Roll on series 2.
Monganaut
Monganaut
1854 posts

Oct 30, 2017, 21:29
If you kinda like those Electric Dreams shorts, there's another series called Dimension 404 up on catch-up on sci fy channel that's cheesily enjoyable. If you're old enough to remember Tales From The Dark side, it has a similar daffy story vibe.
Five
Five
960 posts

Edited Nov 02, 2017, 13:55
Nov 02, 2017, 05:52
Monganaut wrote:
Been binge watching Mindhunter over the last few days. Subject matter is a bit grim, but found it addictive. Roll on series 2.

Went through this the other week... dude playing Kemper is amazing.
1001realapes
1001realapes
2012 posts

Nov 03, 2017, 16:06
Stranger Things S02

South Park (current season)

Gotham S04

The Handmaids Tale

The Time Tunnel S01

Criminal Minds S02

Person of Interest S01

Vice Principles S02

Curb Your Enthusiasm S09
laresident
laresident
860 posts

Nov 04, 2017, 14:33
Lou Grant, an episode or two at a time on Hulu. And he lives in Silver Lake, so a chance to glimpse the neighbourhood fourty years ago.
How little has changed apart from the death of journalism.
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index