What you watching 2

Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 114 15 16 17 18 19 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2067 posts

Re: What you watching 2
Jul 22, 2017, 22:24
First Seven episodes of Twin Peaks 3rd series. Dunno if Twin Peaks has moved on 25 years or I have - probably a symbiotic 'both'. I actually like what they are doing with the story! As ridiculous as it is. Consensus seems to be it is more like the film work of Lynch. Maybe they should change the title to Dale Cooper rather than Twin Peaks. My love of the show hasn't really dampened as I find it quite compelling still. It is still the daddy of all TV drama's for me, although maybe I will have to make an exception for...

Game of Thrones Series 7 Episode 1. Building and building. Love it. Such intuitively strong storytelling.

Proms - John Adams Harmonium & John Williams special. Both recommended for the fan.

Nish Kumar's The Mash Report. Maybe The Day Today has already been there, but I still enjoyed it. Any link to The Daily Mash?
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
363 posts

Edited Jul 26, 2017, 23:43
The Mash Report
Jul 26, 2017, 20:12
A WOOFer is thrown off an overbooked flight
and is forced to subsist on the remnants
of a hastily Wikipedia'd canteen
next to a television studio.

With nothing but discarded Bud Limes and a votive rucsac potato to eat
The WOOFer boards the return flight
via some magic of the internet

Nine years later a mutant fly emerges

and attaches its proboscus to that round cable arrangement they used to have at Broadcasting House because it's more efficient to have a round building with that much cabling in it.

[insert modified G20 2017 Summit logo with "Fake Noose" caption here]
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
363 posts

Edited Jul 26, 2017, 20:30
The Cosmic Sphincter
Jul 26, 2017, 20:20
Easy bruv,
just landing the cosmic sphincter on ITV

don't be all butthurt

And now for my next trick, I shall become familiar with the vocal stress patterns of B.U.G.L.E. bot 2.0

fight the skin! fight it with your life!
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4648 posts

Aug 02, 2017, 18:39
I will be watching The Book of Eli tonight at 9.45 on ITV4.

Excellent film
1001realapes
1001realapes
1931 posts

Edited Aug 06, 2017, 03:09
Aug 06, 2017, 03:08
Harry Dean Stanton, Partly Fiction
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2067 posts

Aug 22, 2017, 23:17
Really enjoying Nish Kumar's Daily Mash style programme - particularly the headlines which could have come straight from the website. It is by the same people. Ellie Taylor is a great newscaster too.

Matthew Collings History of Abstract Art on the iplayer. I like his easy, friendly and open minded presentation style and enquiring mind. Didn't realise he was also an abstract artist with his wife. Particularly liked his interviews with other living abstract artists as well as a brief potted history.
1001realapes
1001realapes
1931 posts

Sep 24, 2017, 13:29
Watched :

Game of Thrones S07

Top of the Lake S02

Homeland S06

Goodnight Brooklyn : The Story of Death by Audio

watching :

Billions S02

Bron ||| Broen

The Blacklist S04

Wasted
Kid Calamity
8932 posts

Sep 25, 2017, 13:43
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
Matthew Collings History of Abstract Art on the iplayer. I like his easy, friendly and open minded presentation style and enquiring mind. Didn't realise he was also an abstract artist with his wife. Particularly liked his interviews with other living abstract artists as well as a brief potted history.

Ooh, thanks for the heads-up!
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2067 posts

Oct 01, 2017, 19:22
Nearly finished all 5 series of Misfits on All4. One of the better renditions of the superpowers trope. Xmen seemed to kick it off at the turn of the century and we've been bombarded ever since. People given powers doing community service and often every day life issues dealt with sympathetically like aging and... actually that's the only one i can think of off the top of my head! Oh yeah, there's plenty of sex too.

Back with Mitchell and Webb. Quite a good vehicle for the two to do their honed double act.

Impossible Dreams. That Philip K Dick inspired series on channel 4 based on his short stories. S'not bad - maybe not long enough to get into the stories each week.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
363 posts

Edited Oct 03, 2017, 04:11
Oct 03, 2017, 03:53
Well, you know what it is:

The Good Place

yes, you too can cross the old/young divide with Ted Danson's still stirling performance as Ted Danson in The Good Place (out now on Netflix at an excruciating one episode a week).

And they had that Dredd on Channel 4 again which is the only good action film - you can see why they can't really do a sequel because the punchline is already there, but if you're a fan of moving shapes and colours, invent a memory reallocation algorithm that can prevent landscape popup issues when accelerating at 9.8m/s2!

Christ I sound like a retarded SEO copy writer. Did I say "anti-Black Mirror"? bleurhglfflb better than an infinite permutation of the christmas drunk waiter play anyway
Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 114 15 16 17 18 19 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index