Films Again - all new

126 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Films Again - all new
Aug 18, 2016, 23:56
You can root yourself in whatever you like! Now there's a reason why The Prestige stuck in the memory... something to do with the director...ah yes, IMDB just reminded me that Christopher Nolan was the director. What a CV he has. You a fan?

I have to admit that I am more 'rooted' in modern fare, whilst not ignoring films from yesteryear. Tell me what I need to know about A Star is Born - why is it essential viewing?

A film that i really hope they don't give any new treatment is 'Murder by Death'. A character called Willie Wang - really? Peter Sellers as a Japanese detective?!!! IMDB surprisingly don't seem to mind it - maybe it is just me.

Two films that I have reasonably enjoyed recently are Mindscape and Oblivion. The former very much in Christopher Nolan territory (Inception, anyone?) with one of my fav actors, Mark Strong. I felt it was undeveloped here though. I have to admit to quite liking Tom Cruise films - certainly in recent times. Edge of Tomorrow, Valkyrie, The Last Samurai, Minority Report. I would overlook the woeful Vanilla Sky and haven't really felt the need to follow the Mission Impossible franchise.
Topic Outline:

The Village Pump Index