The Village Pump »
Films Again - all new

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dick Chamberlix
6 posts

Re: Films Again - all new
Jul 16, 2017, 00:52
...there's this Documentary that surprised me .... 'Joe Cocker-Mad Dog With Soul'{2017} It was uplifting and I always loved Joe and Bono isn't even in it x
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
363 posts

Edited Jul 16, 2017, 23:59
Jul 16, 2017, 23:57
Watched Inception again as ITV is now an option rather than a choice, and am still struck at how after my requesting kundalini on the NHS was met with a mere: "your blood pressure is high, here are some smoking cessation drugs".

Now these drugs operate on a center of the brain called "any synapse in a storm", and whilst on these drugs I not only felt a milder brain death hit than the Seroquel I would nick off my mate while drunk four years into the future, I also had a very deep sleep.

Yes I know Inception is just another Trouble At Farpoint Star Trek episode.(? show your working)

But it did happen - I dreamt about taking a blue pill in my sleep and when I appeared in the dream within a dream everything was as vivid as real life.

"This is not real is it?", I asked of the man there.

"No", he replied.

I did have flashbacks to some mind's idealisation of a middle class soiree, but my left foot woke me up.

The end.

The moral of the story is - request Champix for smoking cessation, you won't die (honest)
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
749 posts

Jul 21, 2017, 17:35
giNgko_C wrote:

The moral of the story is - request Champix for smoking cessation, you won't die (honest)

Just decide you ain't gonna be a smoker any more, stop doing it and get on with your life. It is that simple. If I can do it - anyone can do it. I did it 11 and a half years ago and haven't smoked since. I had smoked for quarter of a Century when I decided I wasn't going to be a smoker any more (I've never "given up" on anything...). I wasn't a part-time smoker AND I enjoyed it right up to the last one.
I decided that Imperial Tobacco, Philip Morris Group (Thatcher's Pension Fund at the time) and all their horrible cronies were NOT gonna get my life AND money. So I stopped giving it to them. You first of all need to decide to do it. No debate, no discussion, no "just one won't hurt", no "I love a fag with a pint..." and no going back.
Then only two rules, stick to them and you will succeed.
1. Don't put any tobacco products into your body ever again.
2. Don't spend any money on tobacco products ever again.

Once you make that unbreakable agreement with yourself about it - then it is pimpsy easy. Then get on and enjoy your life and don't bother thinking about tobacco and smoking again.

(otherwise people who have an extra lifetime supplement arrangement with Eternity can organise smoking cessation counselling, Nicotine patches, Nicotine chewing gum, Nicotine suppositories, Nicotine omlettes, vaping packs, replacement lung systems, un-lung-popcorning systems to reverse vaping-damage, etc. and build their lives around that lifestyle...)

Just do it!
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
363 posts

Jul 21, 2017, 22:31
Yes I realised that sounded a little Jimmy Jones, but that's what the kick is there for! (drugs advisory alert, do not, i repeat do not attempt to overdose on Champix)
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
363 posts

Edited Jul 21, 2017, 23:48
That Danny Boyle Film
Jul 21, 2017, 23:22
with X-men man and mysterious Black Mirror urgency lady,

Utter middle class pish with the hypnosis and everything, even the shooting the gangsters through that new japanese thing they've got going on

It's one of those bollocks arty films that plays out like the viewer is reading a book and the end bit is like thank fuck I bothered

Total wank all the way through,

Like Graham Coxon's Life In Magazines

and fucking Money Monster gets General Release instead of this bareably less awful waste of eyes and other concepts.

Bleurgh, Danny Boyle.

Bleuurrgh!!
(i liked it)
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1534 posts

Edited Jul 28, 2017, 13:14
Spider Boy
Jul 28, 2017, 13:13
Seen it.
Loved it.

make sure you stay until the end.

proper end

watch all the credits

;o)
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2067 posts

Aug 03, 2017, 23:15
Turner by Mike Leigh. Worthy film but it is not staying on my harddrive. Got to respect his artistic integrity even if he was a bit of an arse as a human being.
1001realapes
1001realapes
1931 posts

Aug 06, 2017, 03:09
Eraserhead
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2067 posts

Aug 08, 2017, 22:00
Man Up. Romantic Comedy that I'm not normally into but this was perfectly watchable with genuinely moving moments and for me identifiable main characters. Simon Pegg is always worth watching without ever being outstanding it would seem.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2067 posts

Aug 22, 2017, 23:12
Lucy. A bit silly really but mildly diverting silliness about unlocking the power of the brain and the like. Directed by Luc Besson

The Mask. 1994 starring Jim Carrey. Haven't seen it in about 20 years. Funny revisiting something again and seeing it differently. If you can get past Jim Carrey's silliness and the corny 'nice guys finish first' hollywood message, it is actually quite enjoyable.
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index