Films Again - all new

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Films Again - all new
Feb 11, 2017, 22:29
Jimmy's Hall. Great bit of prol story telling from Ken Loach - set in 20's Ireland.

A Pigeon sat on a branch reflecting on existence. Some great absurdist fayre from Roy Andersson. What is real and what isn't eh? eh? eh?
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Apr 23, 2017, 21:18
Divergent. Surprisingly enjoyable first film in the franchise. It would seem to be the better of them too. Sci Fi Dystopian films, gotta love 'em.

The Tale of Princess Kaguya. Enchanting fairytale by the studio ghibli peeps
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

May 10, 2017, 16:48
A Christmas Carol (Jim Carrey, 2009) & A Muppet's Christmas Carol (1992). Getting to appreciate Dickens more as I get older. Beautiful story, and one which I hadn't sat through from beginning to end before.
Kid Calamity
9041 posts

May 12, 2017, 11:39
For the umpteenth time I watched 'The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou' last night. I dunno why... I just love it.
wychburyman
951 posts

May 12, 2017, 12:14
Kid Calamity wrote:
For the umpteenth time I watched 'The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou' last night. I dunno why... I just love it.

nice one

Have you seen The Grand Budapest Hotel yet?
Kid Calamity
9041 posts

May 12, 2017, 14:05
Yes, a couple of times at least! Very good, but still pales against Zissou and The Darjeeling Limted, IMO.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 22:11
Calvary - Another Brendan Gleeson tour de force as a priest in coastal Mayo (or Sligo?) who has been told he will be killed by an unknown (to us at least) man in the confessional box.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 22:23
I'm probably the last person here about to watch the first series of The Walking Dead. Number one son insists I do or he's disowning me!:-)
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Edited Jun 08, 2017, 23:11
Jun 08, 2017, 23:09
The Dance of Reality. Highly sympathetic to Jodorowsky's fare, so this was by no means a bad film telling a sometimes fantastical story of his childhood in Chile. Don't think it is up there with his best, but then what do I know - I've only seen El Topo. Still beats the bejesus out of most films in terms of creativity and vision.

Edit. I suppose what really grinded my gears was his mum having to deliver all of her lines as opera! Not a fan of opera, although I will begrudgingly admit that I respect him for the idea!
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Jun 10, 2017, 19:24
Caught a couple of enjoyable films last night over on Netflix.

Shimmer Lake
A kinda double/triple cross thriller/drama. Reminded me of Fargo for some reason. Good stuff.
http://decider.com/2017/06/09/netflixs-shimmer-lake-youll-want-to-watch-this-fargo-esque-crime-drama-twice/

And a daffy Spanish comedy called Spy Time, which I enjoyed far more than I expected. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3510480/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index