Some Tati shorts
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Re: Films Again - all new
Feb 06, 2018, 15:08
1001realapes wrote:
Some Tati shorts

Where are the Fashion Police when they're needed?
wychburyman
951 posts

Feb 06, 2018, 17:50
Vybik Jon wrote:
1001realapes wrote:
Some Tati shorts

Where are the Fashion Police when they're needed?

Bloody off harassing drivers rather than solving real crimes like these
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Feb 07, 2018, 13:40
The Last Picture Show - Life in a quiet Texas Town in the 1950's - predominantly about the upcoming graduates and their rites of passage. Watchable, but I'm not keeping it on my hard drive to watch again.
howtoget123
3 posts

Feb 25, 2018, 02:02
http://howtoget.wiki
1001realapes
1001realapes
2379 posts

Mar 01, 2018, 05:08
Harry Dean Stanton's final film
Lucky

so wonderful!
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Mar 29, 2018, 23:50
Shaun the Sheep Movie. Best silent movie evah.... Seems to have more going for it than The Artist and that won best picture a few years back. Amusing, poignant and actually quite real - honest.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Apr 01, 2018, 21:56
Ready Player One. A lot to enjoy in this film. Not sure if I particularly appreciated the ending with its preachy overtones of ... not sure if this is exactly a spoiler, but I'll put one up anyway * Spoiler Alert*... playing games is fine but you should concentrate on reality, because wait for it, reality is real. How very insightful. I accept the message superficially when applying to things like social media, but reality is very much up for grabs and I enjoy films that actually explore this issue - what it is to be human when related to AI too. There's none of that in this film.

Did enjoy the storytelling though which Spielberg excels at.
keith a
9565 posts

Apr 01, 2018, 23:22
carol27 wrote:
3 billboards outside ebbing missouri...trendy but cracking. I tell you what id underestimated Sam Rockwell.

He was fabulous in it. Great film and I was expecting Frances McDormand to be wonderful (she always is!) but I didn't really know Rockwell so his performance was a great surprise.

Not long after he (and fellow Ebbing actor Woody Harrelson) popped up in a film I was watching on the telly - Seven Psychopaths which was admittedly flawed but hugely enjoyable with another good performance from Rockwell (looking not unlike a young Peter Richardson of Comic Strip fame). Great dialogue that actually had me laughing out loud a couple of times.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Apr 02, 2018, 22:24
Sam Rockwell is great - very charismatic. If he is in a film, then I tend to seek it out.

Other films I can recommend are

The Way Way Back

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Lawn Dogs

Heck, I didn't even mind Choke and The Green Mile
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index