It's all kicking off again

131 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
2835 posts

The magic of The Cup..on telly
Jan 10, 2017, 23:23
I haven't listened to a football commentary on the radio for years...well, till last Saturday, that is. Trawling the megahertz trying to find 5live I chanced upon a wavering signalled game, and started to listen, hoping for news from elsewhere. It turned out to be Radio Lincoln, broadcasting the game of the non-league Imps playing their Third Round tie away at Mick McCarthy's comparatively mighty Ipswich of the Championship. The Imps were running rings around them. The commentator said the name Arnold. Twas Nathan Arnold, who I've mentioned here before in the same post as I first praised Benik Afobe. I'd seen him score a goal of such brilliance for Grimsby on a local footy prog that ensured my support for him, whatever. I had, though, not realised he'd joined Lincoln in the summer. He and teammates played out of their skins, almost won but for a late equaliser. The replay is now to be shown live on the Beeb on the 17th. Do watch. Real football played by real people. Wiki Arnold.. on the field he's a winger ( aka 'a bit touched'). For his day job he's a barber. Cheer him and the rest on. Money is not everything.
Topic Outline:

The Village Pump Index